Torches To Triggers formed in late 2011 with the goals to collaborate multiple styles of music surrounding the melodic and hardcore punk genres. The group is comprised of Corey Tapp, formerly of This is a Standoff, Deville, Fallout Frequency and One Shot Left along with Gavin Spate, Justin Stilwell and Phil Schumacher. Most are EX members of Calgary's Inventing The Wheel. Shortly after the creation of the group, lead vocalist Chris Kreuger joined the collaboration to bring the sounds full circle with the set of melodic and heavy vocals. In late December 2011, Torches To Triggers recorded the two album teasers “This Moment” and “Countdown” with Casey Lewis of Echo Base Studio in Calgary, Canada and played their debut show with Strung Out at The Distillery in Calgary on new years 2011. The group has recently completed the mixing and mastering the debut album 'Doomsday In Douglasdale' with Riccardo Pasini 'Paso' (Studio73 in Ravenna, Italy) and released the album to the Americas on October 12th 2012, through Bells On Records (Japan) October 17th 2021 and Sums Records (Europe) on October 22nd 2012.
Corey Tapp – Bass/Vocals Chris Kreuger – Lead Vocals Justin Stilwell – Guitar Gavin Spate G– uitar / Vocals Phil Schumacher – Drums / Vocals
1. Dead Sea – In a doomed relationship the odds are overwhelming and forever stacked against you living in anything but a dead sea.
2. My Zombaby – Being unable to kill the love of your life though she has been turned into a zombie. Ultimately converting yourself in an effort to stay together forever.
3. Let Them Talk – As far as drama and drama queens go, no one and nothing should intervene with family. Family is forever.
4. This Moment – Past relations shaping you into the person you are meant to be for the person you were meant to be with.
5. Business As Usual – Is a song for the economic divide. Right here at home and right in the company you work for the division of wealth is completely unfair.
6. Stop The Wedding – Is an effort to stop the union of a life long friend, who believes she can't do better, and her manipulative partner.
7. Countdown – Is about a former relationship. One in which the truth could not unmask the lie and it's deterioration and destruction was inevitable.
8. Reins Of Change – A call out for a true leader of the people who can actually decipher the bullshit that our political and legal system has created. To make the right decisions that benefit everyone and bring greed to it's knees.
9. The Voice Inside – Going crazy, seizing the moment, and discovering some gone-crazy-seize-the-moment part of you.
10. Sunburns – A party song referencing the thoughts in the back of your mind about running away and about committing yourself to doing only the things that make you happy.
11. Kitchen Party – A piece of advice to those who do not enjoy conventional partying methods.
12. Promise In Disguise – I will keep this song to myself.